Monday, September 12, 2005

The counting numbers

When the power goes out, all stoplights are supposed to convert to four-way stop signs -- but in Hollywood, nobody can count that high.

Los Angeles blacked out this afternoon for reasons to be determined (a cut cable?). Xeni Jardin on BoingBoing predicted traffic problems in Hollywood because no one can count very high (unless, she said, the numeral is preceded by the words "Star Wars Episode"). I have another suggestion. People in Hollywood can count pretty high in Roman numerals: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII. (Star Trek anyone?)

2 comments:

hashishan prophet said...

Math deception is the work of deceptors frauds and beggars a real muggs game and it will not survive polar reversal comma 2012. If you want more advivce info and salvation pray and I reply in a still small voice.

I am the LORd.

Lynx said...

I think your idea of using Roman numerals is optimistic--nobody cares about anything past the first sequel, right?