The estimable PZ Myers of the University of Minnesota (Morris) is bringing his one-man show to northern California later this month. The (in)famous Pharyngula blogger will be giving a talk on creationism and complexity. If I were to hazard a guess, I suspect Dr. Myers will be giving the lie to the argument beloved by intelligent design creationists: “Oh, my goodness! Look how complicated life is! God must have done it!”
But it will sound more eloquent when presented by PZ.
I suspect that Dr. Myers made only one mistake in agreeing to his northern California jaunt: It's not a good idea to let a mortal enemy set your itinerary. PZ's schedule is clearly designed to run him ragged and result in UM Morris reclaiming a mere remnant of the robust man he once was.
Do I exaggerate? Check this out:
- Wednesday, January 20: UC Santa Barbara
- Thursday, January 21: UC Davis
- Friday, January 22: UC Berkeley
- Saturday, January 23: UC Santa Cruz
- Sunday, January 24: De Anza College (Cupertino)
- Monday, January 25: CSU Chico
- Tuesday, January 26 Sacramento City College
- Wednesday, January 27: Stanford University
- Thursday, January 28: Sierra College
This post is, of course, an exercise in redundancy, since anyone really interested in PZ's visit to California will have already read about it on Pharyngula. But that's okay. I can't help myself. And making the map was fun. (Does PZ actually know what he's in for?)
I have been on every one of the campuses PZ is visiting (some of them several times) and it will be no problem for me to attend his speech multiple times. If I do that, I'll consider wearing a hat with the brim pulled low so that no one will think I'm a stalker. Good idea!