Thursday, May 24, 2007

I believe in science

God flunked with 17%

PZ scored 100% for scientific atheist, but he's a professional. I managed to eke out 92%. That's not too bad. I figure that the 17% score on theism (the same as PZ's!) is the irreducible residuum of my misspent youth as an altar boy. As G. K. Chesterton's Father Brown liked to say, “I caught him, with an unseen hook and an invisible line which is long enough to let him wander to the ends of the world, and still to bring him back with a twitch upon the thread.” If Lauren Bacall walked around me, would she trip over a string? I'm a frayed knot.



You scored as Scientific Atheist, These guys rule. I'm not one of them myself, although I play one online. They know the rules of debate, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and can explain evolution in fifty words or less. More concerned with how things ARE than how they should be, these are the people who will bring us into the future.

Scientific Atheist


92%

Agnostic


58%

Militant Atheist


33%

Apathetic Atheist


33%

Angry Atheist


25%

Spiritual Atheist


25%

Theist


17%

What kind of atheist are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, tasty, tasty broken link to the quiz.

Anonymous said...

Incidentally (found through PZ's site):

Scientific Atheist: 100%
Agnostic: 83%
Apathetic Atheist: 67%
Spiritual Atheist: 50%
Militant Atheist: 25%
Theist: 25%
Angry Atheist: 17%

Full disclosure: I wasn't an altar boy, but I was a eucharistic minister for a while, and my mother is director of religious education at her parish.

Zeno said...

Thanks for the heads-up, John. I have no idea why the link was broken, since it was a simple cut-and-paste job directly from the quiz's own website.

Fixed now.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. My apathy and spiritual (what does that word mean, anyhow) scores are higher than I might have expected.

Scientific 100%
Apathetic 92%
Agnostic 50%
Spiritual 42%
Angry 33%
Militant 33%
Theist 8%