Monday, March 06, 2006

My life is a sham

The road not taken

Damn it all to hell! Rats! Phooey!

I express myself so eloquently because I can't help myself. Why didn't I realize it sooner? Now that the scales have fallen from my eyes, I see that I should have recognized the problem many years ago when my SAT verbal score came in at the 99+ percentile and my math score was only 99. I was supposed to be an English major! Or maybe a journalist.


I blame Living the Scientific Life (Scientist, Interrupted) over at ScienceBlogs for bringing What is your perfect major? to my attention. The QuizFarm site specializes in all kinds of on-line quizzes. You could easily spend an afternoon there noodling about with the quizzes and finding out amazing and shocking things about yourself. Now that I see I am a litterateur manqué, I may never again be content with my chosen lot in life as a mathematician. A mathematician whose “perfect major” score is only 83%—in a tie with engineering and art.

Quel horreur!

No comments: